3day conversation

Situation 1: How to Check In at a Hotel:

A: Hi miss, how are you today? Are you checking in?

B: Yes, I had a room reserved under the name “—”

A: Oh ok, let me check. Oh great I found your reservation, you are in room 207.

B: Great so here are your keys and we have a complimentary continental breakfast between 7am and 10am in the lobby. Would you like a hand bringing those bags up to your room? Our bellhop can take those for you.

A: Sure, that would be great.

B: Enjoy your stay with us.



Situation 2: How to Introduce Yourself to an American in Your Home Country:

A: Hi, what’s your name?

B: I’m Jenny. You?

A: Oh I’m Akiko. It’s great to meet you. So where are you from?

B: I’m from New York. I am in Tokyo for a 10-day work trip.

A: How do you like Japan so far?

B: Oh my gosh, I never imagined the food would be this great and I’m having a blast.

A: Cool!  Are you getting a lot of time to explore outside of work?

B: Yeah, I am in the office during the day, we have a Tokyo office but I get out around 5pm every evening so I have been going all around the city on my own.

A: Well some friends and I are having a cherry blossom party this weekend at Yoyogi Park. Would you be interested in joining us?

B: That sounds awesome. Do you want to send me a text later in the week and let me know the time and the address?

A: Will do.  See you this weekend!



 Situation 3: How to Ask for More Information:

A: Lindsay, what are you doing?

B: Oh I’m trying to figure out how to make this microphone work better. It sounds kind of strange.

A: What do you mean?  I think it sounds fine.

B: Do you know what my friend said? He’s an audio expert and he said that we need to improve it. I don’t know, what do you think?

A: I think it’s OK.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing yourself and other people

Basic information about English

Speak English fluently with the help of these basic rules Ifairer